Regression in lstrcmpiA (occurred in late June, NLS related)

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Thu Oct 2 17:47:42 CDT 2003

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Troy Rollo wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:21, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> > Why is that? We're talking here about lstrcmpiA() behaviour, why would a
> > test for
> >
> >     For all x,y in Unicode:
> > 	print x,y,lstrcmpiA(x,y)
> >
> > violate the copyright?
>
> I think the suggestion was that the regression tests be used to fabricate the
> table and then include the resulting fabricated table in Wine. If so, the
> result would still be copied, although by an indirect means.

I don't think the result is still copied, if so than you would never be
able to run tests. But this is not what I suggested anyway. I said to run
the above on Windows and on Wine (which is based on the unicode.org tables).
Compare the results, and generate the differences. Use that as a 'patch'
to future unicode.org table updates.

--
Dimi.