Implementation of GetCompressedFileSize[AW]

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 2 21:55:47 CDT 2003

To get rid of the COM1 problem, just run wcmd under wineconsole.
wineconsole -- --backend=user wcmd

> It seems that all Cygwin programs think that they are using COM1 as
> terminal (try "wine tty").  That's most likely the reason why bash
> exits
> silently.  It even displays the prompt if I give it "-i" but then
> exits
> seeing that the terminal is closed.  GetProcessMemoryInfo is called
> after that:

This is what I get if I try to run a external command, all internal
bash commands work today.

bash-2.05b$ ls

ls

     25 [main] bash -12 sync_with_child: child 16(0x104) died before
initializat
ion with status code 0x1

   6891 [main] bash -12 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for
longjmp
bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

and on wine output I have :
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x61011400,0) - no error checking
or testing yet
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x61011400,1) - no error checking
or testing yet
fixme:psapi:GetProcessMemoryInfo (hProcess=0x44, 0x40922af0, 40): stub

I've edited /etc/profile and put a comment before all external commands
to avoid them in cygwin startup and put a 'set -v' to see all commands
runned.

A typical run of cygwin.bat under wineconsole/wcmd gives :
(/etc/profile attached)

WCMD Version 0.17

J:\cygwin>cygwin
PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH"

#USER="`id -un`"

# Set up USER's home directory
#if [ -z "$HOME" ]; then
#  HOME="/home/$USER"
#fi

if [ ! -d "$HOME" ]; then
  mkdir -p "$HOME"
fi

export HOME USER

#for i in /etc/profile.d/*.sh ; do
#  if [ -f $i ]; then
#    . $i
#  fi
#done

export MAKE_MODE=unix
#export PS1='[\u@\h \W]\$'

cd "$HOME"

test -f ./.bashrc && . ./.bashrc
alias ls='ls --color'
alias cp='cp -i'
alias mv='mv -i'
alias rm='rm -i'
echo "I'm here!"
I'm here!
#PS1=[\u@\h \W]\$
bash-2.05b$

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
 ICQ #170597259
Say NO to software patents
Dites NON aux brevets logiciels