Regression in lstrcmpiA (occurred in late June, NLS related)

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Fri Oct 3 03:21:24 CDT 2003

Troy Rollo wrote:

>The 2.1.9d8 file seems after a quick look to be closer to the Crossover
>version of the table - for example, it has many of the different types of
>space characters sorted near 0020, which is an aspect of the Crossover table
>not present in the table based on allkeys.txt (3.1.1), so the theory that
>Microsoft's results are just based on an earlier version of the standard
>table is starting to look like it has merit.

Logically, it doesn't make sense that they did anything else. After all
- why would they?

Even if it's not the case, there may be several possible workarounds for
this issue. I have a lawer I can consult about this matter, but let's
rule out the Unicode 2.0 theory first. I have access to the Unicode 2.0
(printed) book, if that's any help to anyone.

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant