Wineconf 2004, otherwise known as...

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Oct 3 08:50:17 CDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 08:41, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On October 3, 2003 05:24 am, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> > Dimi and Ivan like 6.
>
> I like 1 (Minneapolis, US) as well. Another option folks
> would be Toronto. It will not be hot in Jan, but it's
> kind of in the middle (it's almost same distance from
> West Coast, as it is from England), it's a major air hub
> (so you can probably get direct flights, which is good),
> and we have all sorts of conferences going on here.
> Good network connectivity, night life, great food,
> CN Tower, etc. And I can organize it.

I spent months hoping someone will volunteer to help
organize this in a place that is centrally located.

I finally give up, and announce, and now we have 3 others
offers to help!?!?!?!?  There is clearly only one appropriate
response to this situation:

I've decided I'm going to write a DIB engine, here in St. Paul.
This is your last chance to stop me...<grin>

Anyone else care to volunteer?  Why don't we make a deadline
for offering to host by Sunday night.  I'll get a list of all
the folks that are dead serious about being willing to do all
the work of being a host, and then we'll put up a quick + dirty
survey/voting form, and we'll go to the city that will get the
best attendance.

How does that sound?

If this works, then everyone that is dead serious about being
willing to host Wineconf needs to send me an email.

I agree with Sachar that we need to resolve this quickly;
I think January is a good time for Wineconf, and 3 months is not
that much lead time.

Cheers,

Jeremy