Uninstaller uses wrong icon

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sat Oct 4 08:25:32 CDT 2003

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> On October 3, 2003 10:56 pm, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > Everything if fine.  I put the latest mkwine here
> > http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/wine/
>
> Very nice indeed -- I really hope that we can eventually
> get our Makefiles in a state where this script is not
> needed anymore. BTW, since you've studied a bit the problem,
> what are we missing?

I didn't try to use the makefiles, but there are some things that need to
be fixed first.

It should be possible to disable WINE_ERR.  WINE_TRACE, WINE_WARN and
WINE_FIXME can be disabled in include/wine/debug.h, but WINE_ERR cannot.
That's illogical because WINE_FIXME is often more serious than WINE_ERR.

Can we have uuid.dll in addition of instead of libwine_uuid.a, compiled
from the same sources?

Also one thing unrelated to the make process.  Can we make bin2res
understand ICON and BITMAP keyword to avoid BINRES?  Alternatively, BINRES
should go to the same comment as the icon:

IDB_TOOLBAR BITMAP DISCARDABLE toolbar.bmp
/* BINRES toolbar.bmp {
  '42 4D BE ...
} */

It would make binres changes less intrusive.

> > You can see, it compiles everything except when there the program depends
> > on Wine features.  Exceptions: avitools, wineconsole, winedbg,
> > winemenubuilder, winevdm.
>
> Yes. Would be intersting to get these to compile on Windows as
> well, by doing something reasonable where we need Wine stuff.
> Maybe we at least get them to build, if not run (avitools, winedbg,
> wineconsole should also be able to run on Windows).

Avitools is trivial, it just doesn't integrate with the script nicely.
I'll try to compile winedbg without winedbg.c.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin