Regression in DLL loading.

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Oct 5 11:46:02 CDT 2003

All,

Seems that a regression in DLL loading crept in lately (a game that worked
somewhat with my old CVS tree does not start anymore with the current CVS).
It must have been broken for some time now as Mike 'TD' had the issue for a
long time (with a 4 hours Wine compile time, I do not upgrade Wine that
often :-) ).

Basically, the game does the following : it asks to load the library giving
the full path name ("R:\\BoarderZoneDemo\\srDD_OpenGL"). As you see, it does
NOT add the .DLL extension.

So it goes down the code (LoadLibrary, ...) and arrives at the following
function : 'RtlDosSearchPath_U' which asks to find this file with a possible
'.DLL' extension. As this is an absolute path, it goes directly to the
'RtlDoesFileExists_U' call .. which does not handle at all the possible
addition of an extension when searching.

Now I have no idea if :
 1) the RtlDosSearchPath_U function is wrong or
 2) another function should have been used in this case

So I will let the experts fix this :-)

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/