Oleaut32 3

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 03:05:29 CDT 2003

Hi,

> I see, I did not notice the _-versions where inlined. But since
> all uses seem to be in the same file (is this correct), can't
> we just mark the regular ones as extern inline?

I didn't put all the functions in the same file, because a) they
split pretty logically into groups of 12-20 functions b) combined
they account for over 5k lines (where variant.c is currently 4.5k and
nowhere near complete) and c) it made the patches easier to send.
Keeping them in variant.c and completing all the functions would make
it over 15k lines which is too much. Even at its current size its too
big.

However Alexandre doesn't want multiple files so I'll be resending
the changes placing all low level calls into a single file. That
should be OK, even though it'll be big; the tests I have for those
functions are very thorough and I don't expect they'll need to be
hacked on going forward. The high level functions (including coerce)
wont go in there though; they'll stay in variant.c.

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com