Crash in 16-bit code

Jukka Heinonen jhei at iki.fi
Tue Oct 7 14:47:38 CDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, Eric Pouech wrote:
> may be (code janitorial) we could get rid of all MapSL and
> PTR_REAL_TO_LIN calls, and just use the CTX_SEG_OFF_TO_LIN macro instead
> ? That would be more readable IMO.

Well, that would be a good idea. I was actually planning to
post a patch that would make this change in int2f.c if my
test patch fixes the reported bug. There are
some places where we do know that pointers are either
real or protected mode ones, but I don't think that
really matters. Even kernel/instr.c does provide its own
implementation of CTX_SEG_OFF_TO_LIN so other dlls would
require some cleaning up, too.

--
Jukka Heinonen <http://www.iki.fi/jhei/>