Crash in 16-bit code

Jukka Heinonen jhei at iki.fi
Tue Oct 7 15:13:54 CDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, André Johansen wrote:
> Is it possible to add more trace messages somewhere or get a larger
> call-stack?

Well, you could try using +relay debugmsg flag, but that usually
yields way too large traces. Probably the easiest way would be adding
manually TRACE (or ERR) lines to suspicious places and try to
pinpoint the line where crash happens (if it happens inside Wine
code). Good place to start would for example be checking if the
crash happens inside int2f handler.

> Didn't seem to change anything:

Well, that would have been too easy, anyway.
Mailing list wine-devel seems to have another CDROM
related crash, by the way, which could have something
to do with this.

> I'm unable to run the program directly from winedbg; I only get to
> this point:
>
> First chance exception: page fault in 16-bit code (0267:00c9).

Each intXX opcode throws an exception that is caught by
winedbg. This makes running DOS programs under winedbg
next to impossible. Perhaps winedbg has some command to ignore
those exceptions or that kind of command should be added...

--
Jukka Heinonen <http://www.iki.fi/jhei/>