A link to a article on Wine.

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Wed Oct 8 10:26:30 CDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Hannu Valtonen wrote:

> Basically the writer tried to install Paintshop Pro. Couldn't get it to
> work (InstallShield problem) and was frustrated by that. On the other
> hand he does recommend CrossOver Office as a polished product for firms
> and Wine for those who wish to experiment on their own.

Think this is a fair summary of the current state of things. We really
need to fix InstallShield problems before we go to 0.9, so that people
can just install the apps that work. Having to install apps on a Windows
partition first is a big turn off (a fundamental one for me for example,
as I simply don't have a Windows partition :)).

Once that gets fixed, we can hopefully enlarge the Gold list some
more, and then trim it to apps that are more interesting to Linux
users. But to trim the list, we have to grow it first :)

--
Dimi.