Render strings longer than 128 characters as individual chars

Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com
Wed Oct 8 11:22:32 CDT 2003

Thanks for the suggestion, Huw.   I'll try applying that xrender patch to our
build of X and see if it fixes the problems we were having...

> If we really have to have
> a workaround in Wine then the string should at least be batched rather
> than passed character by character.

I agree that this would be better - but using existing code that we know works
had a distinct appeal, and in our testing we only came across a *very* few
places where this happened, so trying to optimize it seemed like it wasn't worth
the effort.

Warren