attaching or inlining? what to do when you're stuck with a stupid mail client???

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Thu Oct 9 01:39:42 CDT 2003

Dave_Belanger at cimmetry.com wrote:

>Hi Dimi,
>
>I'm deeply sorry about that and I understand your frustrations for
>I have frustrations of my own using my mail client.
>
>The problem is that I have no other choice but to use Notes as a mail
>client for external emails at my company and Notes really screws up
>attachments and there's no way to configure it. Also, it wraps line longer
>than 70 characters, so inlining some of my patches will result in
>bogus patches. Then again, there's no way to configure it to disable
>line wrapping. And trust me, I've tried....
>
>So what I'm gonna do in the future is inline patches that won't get
>line wrapped and attach the others the way I use too. Hopefully,
>most of them will be inlined.
>
>I apologize for the inconveniences.
>
>Dave

Can't you just call your diffs "something.txt" and attach them?

>"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> on 10/08/2003 03:49:03 PM
>
>P.S. Inlining them is _far_ supperior to attachment. First,
>     we can review them without any additional action. Second,
>     we can simply press "Reply" and quote the code we want
>     to comment on. This is very important.

Can't you do all of that with text/plain attachments? Don't you then get
the added bonus that they do not line wrap, ever?

Maybe we should put the "use .txt extension" into the FAQ.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant