attaching or inlining? what to do when you're stuck with a stupid mail client???[Ay

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Oct 10 12:48:01 CDT 2003

Geoff Thorpe <geoff at geoffthorpe.net> writes:

> But if mailman can't do it, there would still be other ways to organise
> this, only they would be uglier and trickier. Do we actually know yet if
> someone at winehq will "let this happen"? And likewise, would Alexandre
> (as the primary target of wine-patches) like to express any thoughts on
> this? :-)

Personally I'd love to have a filter to make things more uniform,
assuming it's robust enough to not cause more trouble than it
solves. But I have no idea what's involved to set this up on the mail
server so I'm not the one who can make it happen.

For the format, I guess using a text/plain attachment (without any
quoted-unreadable crap of course) would be better since it's easier to
process on the user side; as long as the format is standardized it
should be easy to turn the attachment back to inline form, but doing
it the other way is harder. Multiple patches in the same email are of
course a very bad idea, I'm not sure why you insist on being able to
do that, and I certainly don't see any reason to make the filter
support them.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com