dlls/kernel/process.c breakage due to environ

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Fri Oct 10 14:01:47 CDT 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> Declare environ at the top, not inside functions.
> I must be missing something here. Why does this make a difference?

I don't remember chapter and verse of the standards, but this came up
some time ago on the GCC mailing lists (though, in hindsight, it might
have been for C++, I'm not sure).

Depending on how you plan to fix the compilation failure, it might make
sense to have just one declaration at the top instead of several (and
thus several #ifdef's, in case they are needed for the fix) in functions?

Gerald