Crash in 16-bit code

Jukka Heinonen jhei at iki.fi
Sat Oct 11 07:06:37 CDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:26:05PM +0200, André Johansen wrote:
> * Jukka Heinonen wrote:
> | Well, you could try using +relay debugmsg flag
>
> Here are some lines around the crash-point; compare it to the previous
> one (I made sure some output from that one was preset in my cut-out):
>
> $ wine --debugmsg +int,+int31,+relay ./Setup 2> /tmp/trace

It looks like 16-bit code uses WINEXEC function to
execute a 32-bit program mainx01.exe which crashes almost
immediately by calling a null pointer. However, I could be
wrong because I don't know that much about this part of Wine.

Anyway, unless there is some bug in WINEXEC (are these programs
really mixed code programs and if they are, does Wine handle those
cases properly?) or functions called by it, this crash may be
quite difficult to fix.

--
Jukka Heinonen <http://www.iki.fi/jhei/>