winesetuptk

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Mon Oct 13 13:00:28 CDT 2003

Le lun 13/10/2003 à 13:08, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith a écrit :
> I don't think winesetup needs big changes; I'm still not sure about what is
> broken. The attached file updates the registry shipped with winesetuptk to the
> current winedefault.reg, and also updates the dlls that are created when making
> a fake windows installation. As I've said, I'm not sure of what is broken, but
> if what has to go isn't determined by winesetuptk while running (Like the
> AppDefaults) then  it's just a question of removing whatever has to go from the
> cfg_wine_without_windows.ini and/or cfg_wine_with_windows.ini. If anything else
> has to be changed, then Vincent should tell Alex what exactly has to change, so
> Alex can get on with it. This is presumably the quickest way of getting a
> working winesetuptk again, as he know Tcl/Tk very well. It's not worth wasting
> too much time on it, as were going to trash it soon, it doesn't matter if it
> can't tweak all aspects of the config file, it just has to make a working
> configuration for the user, that will often have to tweak the file by hand anyway
> until winecfg is ready.

Hi Ivan,

In addition to the registry and the default C (although for that
wineinstall should be preferred, or at least both should give the same
set of defaults), there were a couple entries in the template config
file which were absent or obsolete. This patch should take care of them.

Alex, I tried to make winesetuptk keep comments after a key (see first
chunk of CBase.itcl), but I had some problems making sure all calls to
DataAddKey had another arg named aComment. There was at least one call
which would make it crash.
I can revive my attempt at that, or we can just make winesetuptk eat
those comments.
Is an empty string {} or "" in TCL?
If you work on it, could you also look in how the [spooler] section is
read/written, so we don't lose "FILE" in case we edit a file containing
it?
Thanks.

With both patches applied, the default config and registry look pretty
much the same (except for some trivial things like which drive is home,
tmp, etc.) to what wineinstall gives us. Which can lead to the question,
what's the purpose of it if wineinstall can do it?

Vincent