WINE porting templates

Vizzini vizzini at plasmic.com
Tue Oct 14 21:06:23 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 10:03, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On October 12, 2003 03:03 pm, Steven Edwards wrote:
> > Well yes in the "should" work out of the box under ReactOS but most
> > dont work perfectly atm due to bugs in our Win32k/GDI/User32
> > implementaion. I agree it would be nice to keep better track of this on
> > the WINE porting page and I do want to have a common codebase with as
> > little or no forking if possible but like I said I dont want to flood
> > Winehq with ReactOS bugs reports when its not the fault of one of the
> > WINE dlls.
>
> I think forking them does no one no favours, either Wine for ReactOS.

Sorry for jumping in so late.

Steven and I spoke about this the other day, and I am in agreement with
you, Dimitrie.  I don't want to fork.  We can use CVS to manage the wine
source, and hopefully we can submit patches if we manage to uncover any
bugs.  Regardless, we need to stay current with Wine development, and a
fork + manual merges is just impossible.

We still have to figure out our header file situation, and Steven and I
continue to discuss alternatives.  Once we gain some clarity on that
situation, we'll probalby just do a cvs vendor import of wine and
refresh it regularly.

Does this sound workable to everyone?

 -Vizzini