uxtheme: msstyles ini files

Kevin Koltzau kevin at plop.org
Wed Oct 15 19:09:42 CDT 2003

Within an msstyles file the primary specification is basically a unicode INI
file within one of the resources (well, there are a few ini files for
different parts of the theme)

Currently I'm extracting the ini file from resources into a temp file, and
then using GetPrivateProfile* to retrieve values..which is a lot of work :)
the fact its an ini file is really meaningless as I basically just enumerate
every section/key and load it into an internal table.

I would like to remove the need to dump the ini file into the file system then
call a (large) number of GetPrivateProfile* functions..but I also don't want
to duplicate ini file processing

One possible solution would be to call the PROFILE_* functions (which are
located in kernel/profile.c) directly which seem to work in a way that would
make this very easy, but overall sounds like a very bad idea...

I think I answered my own question, but feedback would be very welcome.