configure check for Xrandr extension

Alex Pasadyn ajp at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 16 11:58:28 CDT 2003

Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> As proper desktop support is a post-1.0 feature, I would really like to have
> a configuration option, even hidden somewhere :-)

Well it currently does enable RandR based on the option.  And for
everything I tested desktop mode worked fine for trapping the app
inside.  I was hoping that whatever bug you're getting in desktop mode
didn't require the eventual big changes to fix it.

But anyway, if you do turn everything off including desktop mode, you
will probably want to hack X11DRV_Settings_Init in your tree to return
additional modes for the "NoRes" case by adding some calls to
X11DRV_Settings_AddOneMode.  Otherwise you only get one mode that is the
same size as the X desktop.

Alex