MDI windows, MDIClient and mdiclient

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Sun Oct 19 12:18:29 CDT 2003

I am using MSDN July 2001.
Just look up WM_MDICREATE at the bottom of the page you have links to an
over-view and all important functions/messages.

Basically you:
- Create any frame window but call MdiFrameProc for default processing.
- Create a child MDIClient as you have seen. sub-class it or use it as
is. (It is a global class registered by Window/Wine)
- Create all MDIChild frames by doing an WM_MDICREATE on the MDIClient
.Call MDIChildProc for default processing.
- Menu Creation/handling differs
- other stuff all taken care by MFC or WTL

Free Life
Boaz