S3 texture compression patent

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Sun Oct 19 17:10:50 CDT 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:23:44 +0200, "Ivan Leo Murray-Smith" <puoti at inwind.it>
wrote:

>Also, this thread should be on wine-license.

Sorry, but I haven't subscribed to it. I hope this is acceptable. If not I
stop posting here in this thread.

>It wouldn't be hard to host wine in the EU, codeweavers can just get some host
>space from any EU hoster, and set up and publish remotely.

But what would that mean for the developers in the US? Just because the
sources are hosted in EU would still render them useless for US developers.
The only solution I see would be to set up a mirror and create a seperate CVS
module for these files. Then the US developers would need to have these files
as dummy files where only the function headers are with empty body.

--
Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)