EDIT_WM_Create fix.

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 20 01:55:39 CDT 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:19:10 -0400, you wrote:

> On October 19, 2003 11:10 am, Rein Klazes wrote:
> > Now I spent some time creating EDIT windows, varying parameters (with or
> > without text), varying styles including multilines even tested the edit
> > part of a combobox. In all cases the WM_CREATE message return value
> > turned out to be 1.  So at the very least this seems to be the common
> > case, and not zero as in wine's implementation.
>
> A conformance test would be nice, as this is far from obvious...

Sorry, but what is not obvious about this:

|        /* The rule seems to return 1 here for success */
|        /* Power Builder masked edit controls will crash  */
|        /* if not. */
|        /* FIXME: is that in all cases so ? */
|        return 1;

(And that is before the spelling squad had a chance to correct the
mistakes in my English.)

I cannot imagine the conformance here to be accidentally "lost". I am
not against conformance tests in general, but to protect such simple
one-line functionality seems to me a waste of the effort.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl