MDI windows, MDIClient and mdiclient

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Mon Oct 20 10:29:37 CDT 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>"Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> wrote:
>

>>When you send things via the "SendMessageA", I would assume they need to
>>be ANSI. As such, the "obvious reasons" are that it appears, to my
>>understanding of things, that this SHOULD fail.
>>

>No, it shouldn't. The conversion should take place in the case of a unicode
>window. A +relay,+msg,+win,+mdi log should help. If it's under 100Kb compressed
>you can send it to me directly.

As the application was installed with "win98" as the target platform, I
find it extremely hard to believe that the window was created Unicode. I
will, however, check.

the log you mentioned is 228MB uncompressed. I'm currently compressing
it, but I doubt it will be below 100K, partly because bzip2 isn't THAT
good, but mostly because it's already over 2.5MB. I'll put it up on my
site somewhere for anyone interested.

>>I'm trying to write a regression test, to see whether it doesn't fail on
>>Windows. If anyone has any idea how to create traces on Windows that are
>>similar to --debugmsg +relay, please let me know (I remeber that someone
>>said something about it in the past).
>>

>Look for "Debugging Tools for Windows" on the MS site, it has logger.exe
>and a viewer for the logs created by it.

So that's where the windows symbols are hiding. MS site's navigation is
terrible. I recently upgraded a W2K to SP4, and now my symbols turned
out of date. Thanks!

P.S.
While terrible, not as bad as fsf.org, mind you.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant