MDI windows, MDIClient and mdiclient

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue Oct 21 03:30:35 CDT 2003

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
>
>> "Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> wrote:
>>

>>> In case anyone is interested - http://shemesh.biz/winetrace.bz2
>>>

>> Again unicows.dll (Microsoft Layer for Unicode) plays bad games
>> with Wine. Could you regenerate the log with additional +snoop?
>>

> Same location. What is +snoop?
>
> Also in the file are a couple of "ERR" I placed to follow the
> SendMessage, in an attempt to trace when it was translated.
>
> While talking about it, what is unicows.dll? I've tried to find
> anything about it in the list archives. Will trying to get the same
> program to work on Windows NT mode solve this problem?
>
>          Shachar

I forgot to mention something important. The logs are from wine
20030709. Some regression prevents the app from working on more advanced
versions. I figured that I'll first solve this problem, and then find
the regression.

If, however, someone made changes in unicows.dll that you think may be
relevant to this problem, I will sort out the regression first, so that
we can check whether this problem still happens on the latest Wine
(right now things blow up way too early to tell).

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant