suggestion, merge WINE and ReactOS MSVCRT

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Oct 21 08:04:38 CDT 2003

On October 19, 2003 04:28 am, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> IMO its a waste for both WINE and ReactOS to have 2 different
> implementations of MSVCRT.DLL/CRTDLL.DLL
> Is there any valid reason not to either remove one and have both projects
> use the other or to merge both and come up with one dll?

For this sort of issues, I think ReactOS should be importing
stuff from Wine as unmodified as possible (ideally, without
a single line change). So for cases where we have duplication,
please submit patches to Wine that will make the codebase
shareable. This will be a bit more work because Alexandre
will not accept hacks, but we'll both be better of for it.

--
Dimi.