Summary of translations
vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue Oct 21 16:13:17 CDT 2003
Le mar 21/10/2003 à 14:45, Hans Leidekker a écrit :
> This is certainly useful for me, as I was just about to start translating
> some dlls to dutch. I checked the page you mention above and it showed
> there are some parts missing from dlls that already haven been translated
> to dutch. I don't think I would have found those otherwise (I wouldn't have
> gone looking for them). So I think this tool can certainly prove valuable in
> keeping resources up to date.
That's why I did it (after I saw Dimi's output). Although now, all
French resources seem to be translated... :)
Glad to know it helped you too.
> And now for some criticisms. I can understand that you only check languages
> for which at least one resource exists because otherwise the table would grow
> large and show lots of empty cells for years to come, but the first thing I need
> to set out translating is a list of dlls that have translatable resources, which I
> now obtain by doing:
> [wine-src] $ find dlls -name "*En.rc"
> Which is crude and depends on a file naming convention. Maybe your tool
> could help here too.
If there's an html file, the dll contains some resources. Now, not all
resources are translatable (icons, cursors, bitmaps we probably don't
care, not sure about versioninfo). That can be integrated in the tool
too. For now, if there's only a LANG_NEUTRAL version of a resource, it
doesn't complain, else it creates the file.
> Second, those filenames for the html output really aren't fit to be served
> by apache. They're truncated in a directory listing page so I have to hover
> the links to be able to find a particular file. I think you need to either split
> them into directories or provide an index page.
As Dimi pointed out, all on a single page would be better. Or a couple
of pages, with AAFRIKANS-GERMAN on one, HUNGARIAN-SLOVAK, etc. to
prevent the table from being too wide, and marking only the relevant
languages (ie, those for which at least one translated resource exists).
Another thing is languages for which more than one sublanguage is used,
such as Chinese.
> Third, I think you should sort the table columns alphabetically by language
But they're sorted! Ok, by language ID :) Good idea.
> Lastly, Konqueror doesn't render those popup/layer thingies well, and in
> Mozilla I can't can rid of a popup once I clicked a link (well, I can press
> the Back button, but that's non-intuitive to say the least). To be honest I
> think they're overkill. Make them a regular link. Remember, you said all
> comments were welcome ;-)
No problem with that. I tried to get the same feeling as Mozilla's
Tinderbox, but I can make them regular links instead. Or "tooltips".
More information about the wine-devel