NTFS driver (was: ReactOS GPL vs. proprietary drivers)

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Wed Oct 22 02:22:26 CDT 2003

Hi

I don't know much about NTFS (only using it) and even less about
Linux-NTFS. But it was funny following this conversation.

>> Filesystem must be the rock solid data storage structure. You must
>> know the meaning of each byte (*) for such reliable and interoperable
>> filesystem.
>
>Exactly. Every needed byte is known.

Wow! Really?

>> (*) You do not need to know the journalling metadata as long as you do not
>>     support journalling and/or its recovery.
>
>One of the unknown issues is journaling :)

AHA! And not only "The unknown issue" but "One of the unknown issues".
Reminds me of Asterix: Whole Europe is part of the Roman Empire. Whole...?

Sorry, I couldn't resist, no offense :)

bye  Fabi