winetests: new addition

Jakob Eriksson jakov at vmlinux.org
Wed Oct 22 03:10:58 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>>>+void deletePath( char *path )
>>>+{
>>>+    SHFILEOPSTRUCT fileop;
>>>+
>>>+    path[strlen( path ) + 1] = '\0';
>>>

>>We do not have space allocated for this NUL.

Se later down this message...

>>Here we use the advanced Shell API but later not the Win32
>>API for opening files and such.  What is our policy?
>>

>No policy. Jakob wrote this one, and I just used it.
>If it were the only thing imported from shell32, I'd
>get rid of it, but we also need the ShellExecute().

My thought exactly.  I also tried to write a recursive delete using
plain Win32 but
failed miserably. :-)

>>>+    char line[512], *cmd;
>>>

>>Fixed size buffers are wrong...
>>

>Oh come on, it's just a temp buffer to copy stuff through.
>It introduces no limitation.

Yep.  Same thing with MAXPATH.  I think I set some buffers
to MAXPATH + 2 or something. Hence the extra null is accounted for.

(Why is the code not in CVS BTW? I don't know where to look.)

>>Why not append mode?  That would also make the above
>>redirection more secure.
>>

>Why append mode? How is it making it more secure?

I tried append mode.  That screwed the file up totally when tests crashed
on Win98.  So I changed to "w". I don't know if this applies at all to how
Dimi rewrote the program.

regards,
Jakob