Proposal to resolve the issue of the broken wine-users gateway

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 23 17:51:02 CDT 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 05:25 pm, Jeremy Newman wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 17:15, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> > For example, when posting an interview people may
> > want to ask little questions, etc., stuff that does not
> > belong on the mailing lists.
>
> Exactly, whenever a news post, or new WWN, or Wine version is posted, I
> can start a new thread in the forum, and link to that thread from the
> news article on the front page. Easy, and effective.

Just my $.02, but where winehq really needs forums is in the appdb.  The
discussions associated with each app can be very useful, especially for those
who want wine to "just work" -- but people would probably contribute more if
these were a bit easier on the eyes.

--
gmt

"class 'SfxPoolCancelManager' only defines a
 private destructor and has no friends"
   -- gcc, resorting to unnecessary character attacks