RPM for Red Hat - Wine Startup problem for multiple users

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sat Oct 25 16:23:37 CDT 2003

Le sam 25/10/2003 à 16:55, Mike Hearn a écrit :
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:15:17 -0400, Sir Vincent Béron scribed thus:
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I didn't know I had become noble :)
Our PM better not learn about it, or he'll be upset.

> > I'm beginning to wonder if some type of pre-install check would be
> > welcome here, as well as for detecting absence of NPTL on RH9...
>
> For NPTL we should at least check to ensure the binary will work and abort
> out if not, rather than having wierd crashes later on. Could you adapt
> your patch to do that Vincent?

Good idea, that'd be 4-5 lines. One which aborts if NPTL is enabled, the
other if it's disabled.
The optimal solution would still be a single binary for all
configurations, but I'll wait for Alexandre.

The redhat-release package begins to be interesting for the first
issue...

Vincent