I wonder ... :-)

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Oct 27 06:52:08 CST 2003

    Bryan> Greetings all !  I have a task ahead of me. I need to write an
    Bryan> application that will access a RFID reader. We have a library

What is an RFID reader? R_adio F_requency I_dentifucation D_evice?
Probably a device connected external to your PC. I mostly will use drivers
(.vxd, .sys) by using
CreateFile( ...,"\\\\.\\<xxx>"...), DeviceIO(...))
The driver may be internal or external. Only a few MS internal drivers are
implemented, only to a small extend. Every functionality of the driver your
programm uses needs to be implemented in wine. No MS or external drivers may
be used by Wine.

    Bryan> from the supplier that contains all the functions, and we have it
    Bryan> in two forms. A static .lib file and a dll, but both are Win32
    Bryan> libraries. From what I have read, utilising WINE I should be able
    Bryan> to load this library along with a WineLib excecutable, and then
    Bryan> code the rest of the program in Unix C++. Am I right here ?

    Bryan> If so, can anyone help me out with a few lines of example code ?
    Bryan> I have read the WineLib users guide, but I cant seem to come
    Bryan> right.

Run the application and look what is does. Find out more about the driver.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de