DINPUT device unacquire (mouse) fix

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Tue Oct 28 00:59:06 CST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 02:53:44AM +0200, Hannu Valtonen wrote:
> License: LGPL
>
> I stumbled upon this when looking at fixing mouse support for Crimson
> lands. According to MSDN DirectInputDevice Unacquire is allowed even for
> devices which haven't been acquired yet.
>
> Changelog:
> - SysMouseAImpl_Unacquire should return DI_NOEFFECT if the device is not
> in an acquired state.
Ah, thanks!!
Maybe this is why some game (I believe it was UT) broke...
Darn, why didn't I discover that when I stumbled on that place years ago?

But don't you think keyboard and joystick might need the same code??
(keyboard has it as well, but with completely different code --> mess)

This could probably be cleaned up.

Andreas Mohr