French keyboard layout with Euro symbol

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Oct 29 07:49:17 CST 2003

"Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> wrote:

> The reason I listed it here is because in order for Wine to know what
> language the current keyboard is, it will also need to know what's the
> current keyboard.
>
> I have thought of two ways for Wine to do that - either it checks what
> name the symbol files is loaded as, or it scans the keymap (as it does
> today). Either way - it will have to have some mapping between currently
> loaded keymap and language. Hence the affect it has over X keyboard
> detection.
>
> I would appretiate it if you tell me if you think this logic is wrong.

I see nothing wrong with your logic after that explanation. Yes, we
do really want to know the language of the current X keyboard layout,
but unfortunately I don't know a way to query this information from X,
and all we have now is only the current layout detection scheme with
LCID attached to each layout.

--
Dmitry.