Installshield7 notes

Carlos Lozano clozano at andago.com
Wed Oct 29 15:29:25 CST 2003

Hello,

Here goes some notes about how to install installshield 7 programs
with the actual wine releases (sorry, i haven't been able to install
without some natives DLLs).

You need 3 native DLLs (ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll and rpcrt4.dll),
and 2 .tlb files (stdole32.tlb and stdole2.tlb). Copy this 5 files
to your windows/system directory, and edit your ~/.wine/config,
using:

[DllOverrides]
"oleaut32" = "native"
"ole32" = "native"
"rpcrt4" = "native"

Even using this natives dlls, you will have problems with the
windows order, what you will not leave you see the windows and
install the program.  The easier way to install it, should be
enable the Desktop mode, in ~/.wine/config:

"Managed" = "N"
"Desktop" = "640x480"
"Desktop" = "Y"

I have found some programs, what give problems with Desktop mode,
exiting during install with X11 errors (Praetoriams demo for example).
In this cases you can use yet another trick. Disable Desktop, and
enable "Managed" = "Y", then in the file the file "dlls/x11drv/window.c",
you will find the function "inline static BOOL is_window_managed( WND *win )",
in the end of this function, there are this 3 lines:

    /* default: not managed */
    return FALSE;
}

replace, "return FALSE;" to "return TRUE;", and run make install again.
Remember after of install the program change again this line to "FALSE",
because you could have problems later with other windows.

Regards,
Carlos.

--
 ___         _          \  |  /  Consulting
| . |._ _  _| | ___  ___  ___    http://www.andago.com
 Carlos A. Lozano   <___'/ | \ -_) __/\__ \ >  <  -_)
 [ carlos.lozano at andago.com ]\___|_|  ____/ _/\_\___|
 [ calb at epsxe.com           ]  http://www.ePSXe.com