Int21 bug

Valentijn Sessink 001+1067428028 at nospam.blub.net
Wed Oct 29 15:46:34 CST 2003

Hello Marcus,

At Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:25:45PM +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> I have read through the code and this condition should not happen.

I've read code too, now. Version 1.80 of int21.c introduced the error. The
0x5b code here is plainly wrong, as AX can return an error *or* a file
handle.

I think it's been fixed in 20030911, but maybe even earlier, by introducing
INT21_CreateFile in dlls/winedos/int21.c version 1.38.

Function 0x5b might sttill not return the correct value when file creation
does not succeed, as I see no place where AX gets a correct error value.

> There has been some large reconstruction in that area, so please test
> yourself :/

I tried to, unfortunately the application I'm trying to test does things
with CD-ROM and thus broke - as I understood from the mailing list archives
- as result of a bug in 20030813 - where Wine crashes.

Now unfortunately, 0813 and 0911 just crash; versions before 0911 do not
have the RESET_CFLAG fixes; versions before 0813 differ too much in their
DOS file handling. Now version 1016 should be OK, but here the application
ends with a rather cryptic Windows dialog that says "error 6806".

So I gave up and reversed the 0x5b handling in msdos/int21.c in 20030408, so
my application works. I hope the 20031016++ versions will not barf with
"error 6806" - or maybe I'll sort out what change causes this.

Thanks for helping & checking my messages.

Best regards,

Valentijn
--
Zelf PDF-files maken? Heel gemakkelijk, en gratis: www.openoffice.org