UI bugs hampering porting effort for shaped window

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Oct 30 14:01:29 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 18:59, Rob wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> bug 1541 is still *not* fixed correctly. See when passing in NULL in windows
> to gethostbyname, it is guarenteed to return a list of local IP addresses
> mapped on the box. However, with WINE, passing NULL causes gethostname to be
> passed into gethostbyname and does *not* always return back the list of
> local IP addresses on the box. This may work on some boxes, and not others,
> depending on how the machine is configured and if the DNS lookup on the host
> name resolves to the local IP addresses.

Ah OK, sorry about that, I reopened the bug. Would getifaddrs() do the
trick here? I've not done much work in our winsock code so I can't
really help here.

> whereas if (!name) should use SIOCGIFCONF - SIOCGIFADDR or something...

Could you write a patch perhaps, as you seen to know what needs to be
done.

> Jerry's patch *does* fix the UI issues actually - B1 through B4 - any idea
> why it isn't applied to the CVS tree? We have the version out of CVS, which
> definately has issues with B1-B4.

I'm not sure. It might have broken other apps, the window management
code is extremely tricky to get right but Alexandre is the expert here.

thanks -mike