UI bugs hampering porting effort for shaped window

Jerry Jenkins Jerry_J_Jenkins at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 22:46:11 CST 2003

Rob wrote:

> Jerry's patch *does* fix the UI issues actually - B1 through B4 - any idea
> why it isn't applied to the CVS tree? We have the version out of CVS,
which
> definately has issues with B1-B4.

I know it fixes B1, B2, and partially B4, but I'm not so sure about B3.
WINAMP still has issue B4 even with my patch applied.

The patch is a little tricky :-). I intended to place a button on the
taskbar for a popup window. M$'s document says application windows and popup
windows which not owned will be displayed on the taskbar - When I open the
web page today, I found it says a button is placed on the taskbar for a
windows that isn't owned without mentioning that it has WS_POPUP style,
seems my mistake. As I happened to know that a managed window on WINE is
displayed on the taskbar and noticed that WINDOWS wouldn't change a popup
window's style to have it displayed on the taskbar, I changed these windows'
managed state. But I am not sure that it is the right way to get things
work.