UI bugs hampering porting effort for shaped window

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 31 11:25:56 CST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:59:40 -0800, you wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> bug 1541 is still *not* fixed correctly. See when passing in NULL in windows
> to gethostbyname, it is guarenteed to return a list of local IP addresses
> mapped on the box. However, with WINE, passing NULL causes gethostname to be
> passed into gethostbyname and does *not* always return back the list of
> local IP addresses on the box. This may work on some boxes, and not others,
> depending on how the machine is configured and if the DNS lookup on the host
> name resolves to the local IP addresses.

After an experiment on win2k is don't see any difference in the result
of gethostbyname(NULL) and gethostbyname(name_returned_by_gethostname).
Each returns a single struct hostent, which contain a list of ip
addresses.

> whereas if (!name) should use SIOCGIFCONF - SIOCGIFADDR or something...

How sure are you that the problem does not lie with the
gethostbyname(name_returned_by_gethostname) part?

On my system everything works as expected: I get a list of all ip
addresses. That is with valid /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts entries.

What systems go wrong?

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes