Windows Video Drivers on Linux

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 1 08:13:14 CDT 2003

Hi Klaus and Steven,
Since this project will provide Microsoft drivers functionnality, will
it emulate vga.dll and others dlls ? I agree with the fact this sounds
really interesting,
but I dont see now in which case this could provide some gain to the
linux user.
Do some display exist and need really specific drivers to function ?

> There is no code yet on this site but I would take this guy at his
word as he is the one
> that developed the Private ICE debugger for Linux. One of our
developers with the
> ReactOS project ported PICE to ReactOS so we could debug drivers.
Well now it
> seems he has decided to try and implement support for Windows Video
drivers on
> Linux.

> This sounds interesting.
> http://www.privatetools.de/
>
> "I'd also like to announce the start of a new project called "MSCGDI"
> (Microsoft Compatible Graphics Device Interface).

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
ICQ #170597259

alias upsf='false ; while [ $? -ne 0 ] ; do cvs update -APd ; done 2>&1 |tee cvslog'