Source release and download directory

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Sep 1 09:42:12 CDT 2003

On September 1, 2003 04:40 am, Jakob Eriksson wrote:

> I already cut down stuff from the regular distribution.
> (Would you also like to get rid of the man page and html
> for instance?  Just tell me.)

Yes, just get rid of everything but the xd.c file, and
place that one in the same dir with the other stuff, no
need for a subdir.

> >   -- I'd rather have an explicit list of tests to
> >      include, rather than a dynamic find.
>
> Ok.  How?  Send a patch or an example.

In the Makefile, have a variable with all the tests,
like so:

TESTS =	\
	dlls/advapi32/tests/advapi32 \
	dlls/comctl32/tests/comctl32 \
	dlls/dsound/tests/dsound \

Just include the base name in list, you can construct
the actual .exe name from here:

CROSSTESTS = $(TESTS:%=%_crosstest.exe)
WINETESTS = $(TESTS:%=%_test.exe.so)

BTW, we should do things in a portable manner, so that
winetests builds and runs under Linux as well. That is
to say, we should be able to build winetests under linux,
in which case it should just package WINETESTS. The
above will move us in the right direction.

> >   -- We need to integrate it into our build system.
>
> Yes, I was thinking about that.  How about waiting a little
> until the development has stabilized and everybody
> had their say?

Sure, but the faster we get it into the tree, the better.
Witness winecfg for why this is the case :)

--
Dimi.

P.S. You should just subscribe to wine-devel, otherwise your
     messages get to the list with a big delay, when the
     moderator has a chance to push them through.