AW: AW: Windows Video Drivers on Linux

Klaus Gerlicher KlausPG at ati.com
Mon Sep 1 15:46:20 CDT 2003

Gerhard,

I haven't really abandoned pICE, it's just that I didn't have the time nor
guts to finish with it. Kernel development went ahead in big steps at that
time and I couldn't follow anymore. I will now rather pursue development of
the GDI emulation layer since this is a fresh start while pICE has cost me a
lot of time and nerves already.

I will gladly continue with pICE if I have a good reason to do so.

Technically there's no reason to discontinue pICE, I had just started to get
it running on SMP machines and was working on the serial link stuff. It will
probably not compile nor run at the moment on 2.4 or 2.5/2.6 kernels since I
originally had done most of the work on 2.2. Hope there's not to many
changes with page fault handling et al.

Please feel free to do whatever it needs to get this back on track... I'm
honored that so many people are wanting to use it.

Also let me know where I can help.

Klaus