[ANN] Conformance testing campaign

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Wed Sep 3 13:32:10 CDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Ferenc Wagner wrote:

> > Well, we should handle this through the Makefiles. Also the output
> > should specify how the tests were compiled, it may help with error
> > tracking. If we need, we can create 2 versions of the winetests.exe:
> > one with MinGW compiled tests, one with MSVC. But do we really need
> > to bother?
>
> I am afraid yes.  The Dsound test does not compile with
> MinGW while others compile but do not run (DPA_Create) or
> similar.  Testing MinGW is nice, but not enough.

OK, here is what I say:
  -- we should note in the test report how were the tests compiled.
  -- the build process should support compiling them through MinGW
     so that people under Linux can build (for their testing
     purposes) winetests.
  -- I don't think we need to _distribute_ two binaries. If the
     MSVC one works better, the person designated to build and
     publicly post the winetests.exe should build the tests
     through MSVC. Once we fix everything so that MinGW works
     just as well, we might as well switch to that.

How does that sound?

--
Dimi.