Display detection bug

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Sep 5 06:41:05 CDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 11:56:09AM +0200, Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> >Considering the lots of time people seem to spend on fixing Bugzilla bugs
> >(instead of fixing their 'own' bugs), I think learning how to code and to
> >fix bugs yourself would be time better spend :-)
>
> Is this meant to be ironic or something?  I don't get it...

Well, yeah. Was just to say that raising 20 bugs on Bugzilla consecutively
is maybe not the best way to get help...

For one, I do not know many bored Wine developpers who are waiting for some
bugs to appear to have some work to do (I have enough bugs that I can find
myself, I need no external help). And it also increases the risk of THE bug
that will interest someone be submerged in tens of other reports.

Anyway, this is just my opinion about bug tracking (ie mostly useless on a
product with undefined goals like Wine in its current state). If we had a
list of supported applications, then bugtracking would be useful, and then
only on those supported apps.

Oh well, I am sure a lot of people will disagree (heck, there are even some
people who find Linux on the Desktop a good idea :-) ).

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/