Display detection bug

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Sep 5 14:29:15 CDT 2003

> > Oh well, I am sure a lot of people will disagree (heck, there are even some
> > people who find Linux on the Desktop a good idea :-) ).
>
> Man, you're looking for a fight, aren't you? :)

Well, it's more a 'good old days' feelings than a real theory. Ie the
biggest problem I see with 'Linux on everybody's Desktop' is that it's
damaging for the community (due to the fact that the developper / user ratio
is getting more and more skewed to the user side whereas 'in the golden
days' anyone using Linux was a developper).

But well, this comes also from being in contact with Wine users everyday on
#WineHQ :-)

        Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/