Current Working Dir?

Dustin Navea speeddymon at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 14:34:45 CDT 2003

--- Fabian Cenedese <Cenedese at indel.ch> wrote:

> >> I just updated to the actual cvs version and tried to run my program.
> It's
> >> a simple Win32 command line tool which reads a text file from the same
> >> directory called Update.ini.
> >
> >Are you running the tool in the same way? If you are now running it with,
> >for example, "wine ../../../tool" then the current directory ("." in the
> >traces) will not be the same directory as the tool.
> >
> >If that is not the problem then which version of Wine were you running
> >before the update?
>
> Well, I don't know if ever ran this program on wine before, but it's a
> simple command line tool, I didn't imagine any problems no matter if
> it worked before or not.
>
> I start it with wine c:/path/to/file.exe, so I guess the current working
> dir can be anything.
>
> I just tried on windows by calling it from the command line in a different
> directory and guess what: it didn't work either. But that never showed
> up as this is usually started from the windows explorer.
>
> Mea culpa. I need to fix this prog then to first get the dir of the exe.

Well, I can tell you that the reason it didnt work in windows when running
from another directory is because the directory that update.ini (or the exe
file) is in probably wasnt in your path.. But either way, fixing the program
to get the exe's path will take care of it, until you or a user moves the
update.ini to somewhere that isnt in your path and isnt the same directory as
the exe.. lol

=====
Dustin Navea

Minor Contributor, http://www.winehq.com
Bugzilla Janitor, http://bugs.winehq.com
Network Admin, irc://irc.blynk.net (down)