More stuff about the headers

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sun Sep 7 05:43:34 CDT 2003

Eric Pouech wrote:

>> Still, I agree that we are in a somewhat of a fix here. How about if
>> we do it this way:
>> Define IDC_ARROWn as 32512
>> Define IDC_ARROW as MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDC_ARROWn)
>> This way, you will still get the error, you are still prohibited from
>> using an unqualified version. From within the Wine sources, you can
>> just do MAKEINTRESOURCEA(IDC_ARROWn).
>
> but IDC_ARROWn won't be defined in MS headers... so wine source won't
> compile with MS headers

Makes you wonder about one thing, though - do you think that the Windows
sources compile with the Windows headers?

I think defining headers to be used only when compiling Wine itself
ought to be acceptable.

> thus, this either boils down to defining the IDC_ARROW[AW] in a wine
> specific header

Guess so. The only alternative is to use a cast when using a W function
with IDC_ARROW.

> A+

Shachar

--