Porting radio driver from MS to Linux

Arjen Verweij A.Verweij2 at ewi.tudelft.nl
Sun Sep 7 10:11:18 CDT 2003

It is a driver to stear a radiochip over a 3-wire bus. Currently test
models are mounted on par.port plugs, but there is an USB version and an
iPAQ has been "operated upon" and had a chip implanted. The chip works
with Linux, just using inb() and outb(), but now the request has been made
to try and compile the existing source on Linux, altering as few of the
original code as possible, so that when the driver is updated, the
maintenance effort for the ported code is as small as it can be.

While this is a nice approach in theory, I'm not really convinced it will
work, but since I can't make an educated guess I'm just trying anyway.
Thusfar it seems that a lot of stuff could be implemented more or less
directly, aside from the few functions I mentioned.

Currently I'm compiling my updated cvs, maybe I make some progress the
regular way.

Thanks for your input.

Arjen Verweij