More stuff about the headers

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 13:15:58 CDT 2003

--- Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > If you are compiling a core Wine DLL, you are not allowed to use the
> > base name (IDC_ARROW). You must pick either the Ansi (IDC_ARROWA) or
> > Wide (IDC_ARROWW) versions. To achieve this, wine uses a macro called
> > "WINELIB_NAME_AW". It is defined in windef.h. You can see that if
> > UNICODE is defined, this macro adds the "W" at the end, if not defined,
> > it adds an "A" at the end, but if it is part of the wine compilation, it
> > defines a name that is bound to cause an error, by appending
> > "func_must_be_suffixed_with_W_or_A_in_this_context".

<snip>

> - create a wine internal header for those specific definitions (the XXA
> and XXW) which would be defined as currently in winuser.h. We should
> also undefine the XX to avoid using the XX form of the constant.

I like this idea. WINE will never be able to built out of the box using just the PSDK.
Even M$ seems to have there own internal SDK so I guess we should create
include/wine/internal.h and move everything there? If we do this then we dont have
to change any of the sources except to add that header and it should build.

Thanks
Steven