[ANN] Conformance testing campaign

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Sep 8 08:13:15 CDT 2003

On September 5, 2003 09:28 pm, Ferenc Wagner wrote:

I'd like to say that the latest result looks _really_
good. I hope we can work out the last few (minor) things
and get this integrated into WineHQ real soon.

A few comments:
  -- The "Open popup" is a nice idea, but a bit confusing.
     When I opened it, I didn't know what it was for, I
     tried typing stuff in there. We should have a caption
     explaining you should hover above tests results to
     see stuff in there. Maybe we can disable the edit boxes
     so people can't type in there.
  -- The "2000 SP3" column I think should be named just 2000
     and we should colapse the various SPx in there.

> I added titles and if that's not enough some JavaScript,
> which I do not find particularly elegant.  Could do separate
> popups, but is any of these any better that the titles?

Titles are pretty cool, thanks!

> > Maybe a "prev"/"next" link on the page would be nice as well.
>
> Or rather an orthogonal view: same test for different builds.

That's what I mean. In fact, I think the page should contain
the results of only one version, like 20030829. The prev/next
would let you cycle through different builds. This way, if we
haven't already received results for, say Win ME for build
20030714, it will show up as "annoy" (by the way, the annoy
link is broken, it should bring up a page explaining that
we're missing that test, and what we need to fix that).

> For snapshot based test binaries I can put in an extra link.
> I would rather use the test names for the above task.

Yes, that's what I had in mind too -- use the test name, just
make that a link to the source of the test, so if something
fails, a developer click on the link and see exactly the
code that fails. Don't forget to include the version number
as well in the link, don't just point to HEAD as that is
always changing.

> Sorry for mispelling your name, Dimi.  If only I had not
> thought about it!  Too late...

No problem, thanks for noticing though! :)

--
Dimi.