FAQ update

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Sep 9 04:28:14 CDT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> On September 8, 2003 01:23 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > As far as I can see the differences between winehq.dsl and default .dsl
>
> Well, if we keep winehq.dsl, why do we need a perl script to patch
> the output? The HTML stuff should be generated with the site
> default.dsl anyway. We should instead patch winehq.dsl to generate
> the required output instead.

The problems with that are:
 * not everything seems easy to do by tweaking the DSL file
(e.g. removing everything outside the body tag)
 * reciprocally some things (tweaking the URLs) are simpler (safer) to
do in the .dsl file than in perl
 * apparently nobody knows how these .dsl files work
 * default.dsl specifies attributes that hard-code the coulor and style
of various HTML elements. That's fine for standalone HTML files but it's
wrong for a web site where such things should be specified by the
cascading style sheets

> And it should be moved to the tools/ CVS module as well.

No problem. I thought you guys wanted to move it to Wine's tools
directory...

                            $live{free} || die "";